Driving a Left Hand Drive Car
If you are unfamiliar with driving a left hand drive car, the prospect of adapting to this unfamiliar style of driving can be daunting. All your regular thought processes when it comes to negotiating a road are dramatically altered, and even the most accomplished of drivers can struggle with the transition.
Learn more about driving LHD cars in the guide below.
About Driving Left Hand Drive Cars
• Firstly, expect the sensation of driving an LHD car to feel a little strange. After years of driving in a right hand car, it’s only natural that the switch will be awkward in the early stages. However, it’s important to concentrate on adapting your driving skills from the start to avoid becoming a danger to other road users.
• You’ll need to check your mirrors like never before if you’re making that switch from right hand drive to left hand drive. Check your door mirror regularly to ensure you are sitting in the correct position on the road. It’s easy for a driver used to right hand vehicles to become complacent and snake onto the middle of the road, forgetting his or her adjustment in driving position.
• If you forget to check your driving position regularly, you’ll not only become a danger to oncoming traffic, but you’ll also anger any drivers behind you looking to overtake. Therefore, stay aware of your proximity to the centre line at all times.
• Overtaking can become a major issue for anyone looking to learn the art of driving left hand drive cars. It’s best to avoid the temptation to overtake unless you’re completely confident with the handling of the car. Leave plenty of room between your car and other vehicles, and if possible ask any passengers in the car to keep an eye on oncoming traffic before making any move.
• Finally, take extra care when turning left at junctions, as your view from the right may be partially obscured. As you manoeuvre your left hand drive, make sure you’re fully aware of all surrounding traffic to minimise the risk of an accident occurring.
Find left hand cars for sale on Friday Ad.
FAP Feline S/S), Blue, 2013, Engine Size: 1560cc: Mileage: 3,600 miles, Fu...
GTi, Red, 2013, Engine Size: 1598cc: Mileage: 3,600 miles, Fuel Type: Petrol...
Active, Aluminium Metallic, 2013, Engine Size: 1199cc: Mileage: 7,650 miles,...
FAP Active, Grey, 2014, Engine Size: 1560cc: Mileage: 4,100 miles, Fuel Typ...
1/2 LEATHER in Saltf, Metallic Blue, 2010, 81000 miles, Y...
Allure, Black, 2014, Engine Size: 1199cc: Mileage: 9,000 miles, Fuel Type: Pe...
SE AUTOMATIC in Saltford, Black, 2009, 52800 miles, Year: 200...
Active, Blue, 2013, Engine Size: 1199cc: Mileage: 11,200 miles, Fuel Type: Pe...
Active, Red, 2014, Engine Size: 1398cc: Mileage: 1,690 miles, Fuel Type...
2.2HDi, 2198cc, Panel Van, TD, 6-Speed, Aluminium Silver, 2013(63), 22...
BLACK LEATHER) FULL BLACK LEAT, Blue Metallic, 2005, 74000 miles, Yea...
FAP Allure, Blue, 2011, Engine Size: 1560cc: Mileage: 16,494 miles, Fuel Type...
Sportium, Black, 2011, Engine Size: 1397cc: Mileage: 19,251 miles, Fuel Type:...
Highline 180BHP, 1968cc, Combi Van, TD, Automatic, Black,...
Edit 2.0 T, Hatchback, Diesel, Automatic, Panther Black, 2013, 7016...
Grey, 2008, 2008 08 reg AUDI A4 AVANT 2.0 TDI 143 SE 5dr Multitronic, Auto...
X 4 in Saltford, Beige, 2005, 60075 miles, VERY RARE AUTOMATIC * Year:...
Saltford, Blue, 2008, 72175 miles, CAMBELT HAS BEEN CHANGED * Year: 2008 (58...
Room for Fiamma Caravanstore Zip 4.1 Roll ou...
COMPANY 74000+HISTORY+BLUETOOTH;, 1956cc, Hatchback, Diesel, 6-S...